Tuesday, July 18, 2017

What Happened To All That Time

Wow! Look at all the time that has passed since I started this Blog and never really followed up.

I am wise enough these days to understand more about myself and living my life with A.D.D.  I have learned many lessons and lived many experiences since the last blog. Much of what has happened over the last 5 years is the reason I haven't had the gumption, time, or memory to use this as a place of expression. The list is too long, I'm not sure where to begin.

Which friends death do I describe? Which family member passing on to Wherever do I dare mention making it so real, again? The past five years have had sweetness and growth and fun squeezed timely in, like mortar between the sorrow and tears. I have painstakingly learned to climb over, blunder around and chisel through the boulders cast onto the path by...life.

Each time, as I begin to examine  my life, usually while sitting in my therapists' office, I am asked, "Do you write? Do you journal these thoughts?"  My answer has always been, "no, not really." You see, it's hard since I hunt-and-peck my way across the keyboard, and spend way too much time overusing the "backspace" and "delete" keys, lest we not forget "spell check".  I go one key forward, two keys back. It's ruthless. It's timely. It's distracting. And furthermore, I live with a very good writer, so it is  intimidating.

So if you want to take this walk with me , then welcome.

~S





No comments: