Trying to stay focused on the singleness of my life right now, rather than my family being gone; the fragility of them traveling the highways and byways all together, at once, in a car.
I come and go when necessary, the honeydo list is posted but not growing. I can actually get through it and not have it expand;
I can eat, or not, when I want to, thinking only of what would be good (for me);
I know there will be no water left running, no fridge door left open, no recyclables in the trash, no spilled juice on every surface (un)imaginable;
I know that no one will be rolling their eyes, no one will be saying "NO!", and no one else will be the priority.
I can really get into being focused on how good all these things feel right now.
Ahhhh, I think I just need a break not a severing of the "bothers." Just a break... Who doesn't?
Cuz the truth is, all of the above are part of this family. And all of these "bothers" are so fragile, so fleeting. I might not like them as a set of behaviors but they're part of a bigger picture.
It is the picture of my family that always feels so fragile. Family is fragile and my job is to keep THAT at the forefront. Keep it in perspective...
Bothers are small annoyances, family is huge love.
Be safe my family as you discover the greatness of one another and grandness of your vast travels.
Gods speed....
No comments:
Post a Comment